Pappardelle with quail ragout
For the home-made pasta
320gr flour “00”
N 6 egg yolks
N 1 egg
Salt to taste
For the ragout
N 2 quails ( plucked and gutted)
100gr ground meat
50gr chopped bacon
No 1 unpeeled clove of garlic
Aromatic herbs (sage; rosemary; marjoram; thyme)
30gr extra virgin olive oil
30gr white wine
Vegetable broth to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix flour with eggs and a pinch of salt. Knead it and cover the dough with cling film. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and cut it into 1 cm wide strips using a roller cutter to obtain pappardelle.
- Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a frying pan, stir-fry the garlic with the aromatic herbs. Add the quails cut in half, the ground meat and the bacon.
- Cook the meat, pour the white wine and let it evaporate. Add the broth and cover. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, adding broth if necessary.
- Uncover and let the liquids evaporate, season with salt and pepper.
- Separate the breast and the legs, cut the breasts into small pieces and add them to the ragout.
- Cook the pappardelle in plenty of salted water, drain “al dente” and toss with the quail ragout. Serve the pappardelle with quail legs.
Wine CouplingMarche Rosso IGT-Stefano Antonucci