Fried Chamois fillet with marjoram-flavoured aubergines and courgettes
8 Chamois fillet medallions (30gr each)
Lime to taste
5 mint leaves
50gr crumbled stale bread
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Peanut oil for frying
Marjoram-flavoured aubergines and courgettes
100gr long aubergines
Marjoram to taste
1 clove of garlic
For the fillet medallions
- Clean the fillet medallions, season with lime zest and juice, mint leaves broken up by hands and ground black pepper.
- Aside, beat the eggs with two tablespoons water and salt to taste.
- Dip the fillets into the flour first, then the egg, then the crumbled stale bread (oven baked). Season with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
Place breaded fillets in oil and fry at 180°, dry with paper towel and salt to taste.
For the aubergines and courgettes
- Wash very well the aubergines and the courgettes, cut them separately into very small cubes, cut the clove in half and remove the green germ.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, toss the aubergines with half of the garlic, some marjoram leaves and season. Same procedure for the courgettes.
- Place the aubergines and the courgettes at the bottom of the ring mould, then lay the fillet over, 2 medallions per person and serve hot.
- It is also easy to accompany with lime mayonnaise or green tomato mustard.
Wine CouplingValpolicella superiore DOC 2008, Dal Bosco