Venison filet, hazelnuts, green onion and asparagus
G 550 venison filet
N 8 asparagus spears
N 5 green onions
G 100 chopped hazelnuts
N 1 garlic clove
N 1 shallot
Celery, carrots, onions to taste
Rosemary, bay leaves, thyme to taste
Salt, pepper, EVO olive oil to taste
- Toast the bones at 200℃ for around 2 hours, drain the fat and boil the bones in a generous amount of water with celery, carrots and diced onion. Boil for 4-5 hours, continually skimming the fat. Filter the bone and reduce until a game stock reduction (150 mL) is obtained, flavoring with rosemary and bay leaves, a clove of garlic, half a shallot, and salt to taste.
- Cut the green of the green onions and blanch them in a generous amount of salted water for a few minutes, strain and chill immediately to preserve the color.
- Braise the shallot with a drizzle of oil and then chill it.
- Combine the blanched green onions and the braised shallot and blend until you get a dense cream; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Clean the asparagus, cut the spears every 5 cm and then in half longways. Blanch them in salted water, keeping them crisp, strain and chill immediately.
- Remove the fat from the deer filet, brown in a pan with a bit of oil, thyme, and bay leaves, place it on a baking tray, glaze with the reduction, attach the chopped hazelnuts and insert it in the oven preheated to 180℃ for 9 minutes; afterwards, leave it to rest for about 2-3 minutes.
- Put the green onion cream in a pastry bag and make a circle on the serving dish; stain the center of the circle with a bit of the green onion cream. Toss the asparagus with a knob of butter and place them as you like on the serving dish; position the venison filet, laying half in the green circle and add the reduction, trying not to mix with the green onion cream.
Wine CouplingAlto Adige Pinot Nero DOC
Other Info Kcal 387* *For every medium-low speed running activity (8Km/h), the AVERAGE calorie consumption is of approximately 8Kcal x Kg x height, considering an average female weight of 60Kg and an average male weight of 80 Kg.
*For every medium-low speed running activity (8Km/h), the AVERAGE calorie consumption is of approximately 8Kcal x Kg x height, considering an average female weight of 60Kg and an average male weight of 80 Kg.