Deer ribs with green tomatoes, fava beans and opposite-leaved saltwort (barba di frate)
N 8 deer ribs
N 2 green tomatoes
100gr fresh fava beans
200gr opposite-leaved saltwort or barba di frate
Table salt to taste
Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Clean the ribs removing all fat and nerves.
- Cook in a non-stick frying pan without using fats. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plunge the opposite-leaved saltwort in the boiling water, drain and toss in a pan with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Plunge the fava beans in the boiling water, drain, let them cool and peel.
- Cut the green tomatoes into thin slices.
- Arrange the green tomato slices on a serving dish, add the fava beans and the ribs. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Serve immediately.
Wine CouplingGoccione 2011 Az. Roberto Lucarelli