Black mulberry wood pigeon with potatoes cooked in salt
N 1 wood pigeon
N 2 potatoes
G 200 of black mulberries
N 1 carrot
N 1 celery stalk
N 1 onion
mL 100 of Vin Santo
G 50 of butter
Red wine to taste
Pork netting to taste
Coarse salt, thyme and garlic to taste
EVO oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Pluck and gut the wood pigeon, setting aside the giblets, debone the breasts and thighs, making sure not to remove the skin.
- Braise part of the onion in a pot, add the giblets, season them with salt, pepper, and thyme. Let them cook in their liquid and then mix in the Vin Santo, turn off the heat. Let them cool and then finely mince.
- Stuff the wood pigeon thighs with the mixture of giblets and roll them up with the pork netting.
- Blend the black mulberries and sift them until you get a smooth mixture. Then mix with the previously obtained sauce.
- Brown the breasts and thighs in a pan and finish cooking with butter. Let the meat rest for 1 minute and then glaze with the hot black mulberry sauce.
- Toast the remains, which have been cut into small pieces, in the oven at 180℃.
- Brown the carrots, celery, and onion in a bit of oil, adding the toasted remains. Mix everything with the red wine and cover with water. Boil for about 2 hours, filter out the remains from the liquid, and afterwards the liquid with a mesh cloth; reduce over low heat until you get a somewhat dense sauce.
- Cook the potatoes, which have been completely covered in the coarse salt, in the oven at 180℃ for about 35 minutes. Peel them, mash them, and then season with oil, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Cut the breasts in half lengthways and place them on a serving dish on top of the quenelles of potato. Add the sauce to the meat and garnish with fresh black mulberries and beetroot leaves.
Other Info Kcal 475* *For every medium-low speed running activity (8Km/h), the AVERAGE calorie consumption is of approximately 8Kcal x Kg x height, considering an average female weight of 60Kg and an average male weight of 80 Kg.
*For every medium-low speed running activity (8Km/h), the AVERAGE calorie consumption is of approximately 8Kcal x Kg x height, considering an average female weight of 60Kg and an average male weight of 80 Kg.